Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bridges throws a silent fit at the office

I snappped. On Thursday, I walked out the office without warning but this email sent to my boss. I need a change. Bad.
Dear Mr. Boss,

By the kind of work I have been assigned to in the past few months and the comments I have received on my translations, it is obvious to me that a) either you are not satisfied with my work and your organization is trying to get rid of me by slowly showing me the door; b) the people at the control center make a point of giving me what other translators do not want to do for reasons only they would know and that I don’t care to find out about really. But it is what it is. Apparently I'm not the favorite cupcake around.

I don’t feel like I am considered a part of the team; when rushes come across and my collegues need help I am never considered; the word count that is given to me is always below my capability, and it is impossible for me to be more productive, or actually use my language skills because of the nature of the documents that are assigned to me. I am not learning nor progressing in any way. That’s not what I want, and that’s certainly not what I want to offer your organization. If this is because my work hours are specific, then, so be it. I will have to look elsewhere, which is not what I want, but I can’t do this for much longer, I hate to be static. I am not learning. I am shriveling.

Basically, I don’t feel needed and I feel I can’t become a better translator with what is given to me; in fact, I think I’m getting overly sarcastic and bitter about my work here, and that is not the kind of person I want to become or offer to the organization I work for.

I do, however, enjoy working for XXXX and I respect tremendously the energy you have put in making your company a better place. I just don’t feel like I am part of it. I am also thankful for allowing me to work the hours I asked for. You have always listened to me and did your best to keep me happy. Negative comments, bitchy attitudes toward me & lack of stimulating work are getting the better of me; I have been working 18 months for the financial division, and I feel I have nothing more to get out of it. I have tried my best, and it’s not working. I’m not happy. I understand this is how I feel about it and I don’t blame anybody for it; it’s just how it is, and things are done a certain way. I understand.

As of now, it is Thursday, April 19, 11h42. I have been given a meeting minutes that is due for the 26th, and nothing else is assigned to me. Obviously, you don’t need me as of today, or tomorrow. I see no reason to stay at the office. I will take these 2 days to think about what I want to do about my work your organization, and of course, I guess you have to give my situation a bit of thought. Obviously, I would like to talk to you. I apologize for making an issue but I don’t want to turn this into a drama or make a spectacle of myself. I tend to have dramatic reactions when I get emotional and I don’t want to burden anyone with my state of mind…and don’t want to trouble the functioning of your business.

Regards,
Bridges

3 people had something to say:

Blue said...

Hmmm... Ouin, ça va mal à la shop! Qui c'est qui te bitche comme ça? As-tu vraiment l'intention de démissionner?

Blue said...

Je t'encourage à ne pas lâcher et à discuter avec qui de droit...

Bridges said...

Ben, c'est ça que j'ai fait! Bridges aura de nouveaux clients dès cette semaine...