Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back from vacation blues!

Coming back from vacation is painful. You have to adjust to your "normal" life again, and get back into your "métro-boulot-dodo" ways. For some reason, I'm finding this to be, how shall I put it, excruciatingly difficult, and the shitty weather that's been hanging around Ottawa these past few days is not helping.

How can you fall back on your feet after living like a queen for 9 days? I am finding myself hopelessly looking for my next escapade on the internet and making machiavelous plans to sell my house and move to somewhere sunny, like, St-Maarten island, or perhaps, California or even Florida for that matter. Anywhere with permanent sun. Anywhere but this gloomy looking city of mine, populated by 80% women. I want to spend my life in the sun, spray suntan lotion on my kids everyday, and never, ever, have to wear a winter coat again.

Sheeeeesh....

But cheer up Bridges! Spring is right around the corner! Soon the lilacs will bloom, you'll be planting flowers and entertaining your friends on your terrace!

Ok, ok. point taken. To cheer me up a little, I booked a babysitter last night and went out, on my own. (If I didn't then I would stay home all the time, so there, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do) I stopped by one of my favorite spots in Ottawa, "Big Daddy's crab shack", also known as the city's pick-up spot. There was so many women there it was not even funny; I ended up having this conversation with a few people and doing shots to forget our sorrows. I met Jen, a gorgeous and spunky thirty-year old brunette, who drew the sames conclusions I did a few months back. "No", she said. "It's not just you. Ottawa is apparently the worst place for single women after the age of 30. I saw a TV report once, and in Canada, Ottawa is the bottom line. The report said that there are 8 single women to 1 single man between the ages of 30-45"

WHAT??????

Now what was that report so I can actually see for myself....and tell me dear...what was the best place to be a single woman???

"Port Coquitlam, BC. 12 men for 1 woman."

Well now. I think I know where my next vacation will be....NOT!!!

0 people had something to say: