Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Time managing for overworked single moms

It is freezing this morning in Ottawa. Minus 25, and my bedroom windows were all foggy. Do I really have to get out of bed Mum? Oh, wait a minute...I'm the mummy. Oops. My son came to snuggle up with me as soon as he heard the radio alarm go off; I was still in a daze, deciding if it was really worth it to get out from under the covers, trying to think of a lame excuse I could use against myself.

-Let's stay in this morning sweetie. Mummy doesn't want to get up.
-OK mum. But what will we do?
-Let's stay in bed.
-But why?

OK, OK, I got you. I have no excuse. At htis point my daughter comes in the room, happy, turns on the light, and screams "GET UP MUMMY!!! You'll be late!!!"

All, right, all right!!! Geese....Even my kids won't let me be inadequate just once. Fine. Better hurry up; surely the office will need my help. Now that's a reason to get up.

1 people had something to say:

Bridges said...

For some reason the covers seem so much more comfortable in the winter... I envy bears; they can just sleep through the whole winter. But then again, I don't like fish that much. Maybe not. :)