Monday, May 28, 2007

Wishful thinking



Right before I left for my cruise early April, I told one of the girls in the control center (where we, translators, get our work as well as the latest office gossip) that one of my objectives for the trip was to, et je cite, "Get a New-York lover to go and spend some weekends once in a while". Of course at the time I was just being cheeky; and perhaps maybe just a little optimistic :) I had no idea I had such strong prophetic qualities...

I did tell you about the California stud-muffin, but I didn't tell you about the friend I met and kind of bonded with during a lazy day on the beach in St. Kitts. 38 years old, latino, hot, very muscular and dances like no tomorrow. He can almost keep up with me!!! He's got the moves, he's got the look, he's a bit of a beefcake type, and I like him; he stimulates my over-analytical side :) He is writing a screenplay about a guy coming back from the war disfigured and being abandoned by his girlfriend to end up commiting suicide in front of his mother. Now if that's not classic freudian, then I don't know what is... Well, my favorite dancing partner has invited me over for a weekend with him. He says : "I am leaving work early the day you will be coming over, in your honor. Bring some walking shoes because on Saturday we will be walking alot in the city. I have a big weekend planned for you B.!"

How cool is that? The one thing a man can do that turns me on big time is a) tell me he's doing something in my honor, and b) taking care of everything plan-wise. He has a weekend planned for little ol'moi? Well gee baby, you just made my month.

So there, now you know, I will be in New-York on the last weekend of June. Isn't it great to have something to look forward to? Maybe I should go back in the control center and give that girl some gossip ammunition.

2 people had something to say:

Blue said...

Good for you, Bridges. By the way, I 'met' a very nice Englishman on a date site. He sounds totally charming and has the sexiness of Tony Blair while being more handsome on his photos. How about that! He'll be coming to Paris at the end of June. You'll be with your American and I'll be with my Englishman. :)

Bridges said...

Well that's just positively lovely! English sexiness...hum....I miss English men...lucky you! But this will be my first visit to the big apple so I'm excited :) wohhh...back-up... A date site??? Blue! You have to keep me posted on your adventures!!! :)