Saturday, June 16, 2007

One girl, one guy Part IV


As soon as I saw him, I knew there was something there. Catherine introduced me, and my gentleman soldier immediately pulled up a bar stool for me, right next to him, (I was very careful and looked around to see if anybody COULD HAVE been sitting there before, surely I didn't want to step on anybody's open-toe shoes, but I figured, with this man around, trailer-trash blondie wouldn't dare pick up a fight with me) asked me if I wanted a drink, yes, thank you, cranberry-vodka please, and ordered for me. I thought he was quite sexy. He was the rugged type, fair-headed, short beard, and very muscular, with shoulders to make any woman feel secure. I smiled and he did the same. I immediately wanted to snuggle in his arms, and soon enough, we were getting closer to chat, because, you know, the music was so loud, I couldn't hear him, and I just HAD to get closer.

-Bridges. Zhat's a lovely name. Vhat do you do, Bridges?
-Thank you! I'm a translator, from English to French. What about you?
-French! I love French...I think it's similar to German in many vays...My name is Hans...me and Huey here...

I look at Huey. He waves, smiles, and goes back to his conversation with Catherine.

...are army pilots. Ve just finished a two-week training in Cold Lake. Ve're going back to Germany on Monday.

-Oh! Wow. So you have a whole weekend to spend in Montreal?


He smiles at me and looks straight into my eyes. Then he gently pulls the stool (with me on top) closer to him, and whispers in my ear Yes! Vould you like to show me around?


I bite on my straw, take a big sip and smile, whilst lifting an eyebrow.


-I would love to!


And we toast to a night still young.

0 people had something to say: