Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Speed-dating is the new happy hour?

After a few very deceiving attempts at cyberdating, Bridges is at it again, but this time, she has the need, the need for...speed? (Isn't that a line in Top Gun?)

Obviously, I'm always anxious to put myself in potentially embarassing situations for the sake of having a story to tell my friends in Montreal about the Ottawa dating scene, and tonight will be no different. I have heard of speed-dating before, and was never quite enthusiastic about it; it gave me the impression of sex-starved people desperatly wanting to hook-up for the week-end. "Great!" I thought last week when I booked this. "Sounds like good fun!" In the state of mind I'm in at this moment in my life, it does sound like a lovely idea. Anything to keep this girl busy! Speed-dating events usually take place mid-week, so that interested parties can test their shagging compatibilities after a "normal" date taking place over the following weekend*.

But even before I can say "Hi my name is Bridges", 10 potential dating partners will sway before me in a loungy setting and tick a little box on a piece of paper to tell whoever organises this crazy event if yours truly tickles their fancy or not. All of this under the influence of unlimited drinks, cocktail dresses and low lighting. Sounds like fun doesn't it? Women stay put as men do their little seduction dances for approximately 8 minutes each. 10 single men in suits parading in front of me while martinis are flowing and music is playing? Count me in.

Tell you all about it when I get back. Meanwhile, check out their website if you want to know more about this new self-esteem torture tool : http://www.fastlife.ca/ If it's crap, I'll let you know. :)


*Note to self : make sure the candidates understand the difference between speed-dating and speed-shagging, topic for discussion

0 people had something to say: