Wednesday, February 14, 2007

In short, Valentine's day.

On my way to work this morning, I had to stop half-way. Due to a severe snow storm, still going on in the middle of the afternoon, it took me 20 minutes to accomplish a distance of approximately 30 feet. So I bailed. Screw this shit. I went to have breakfast at Dainty's and got to work 1 hour late. I'd rather spend 30 minutes in a lame restaurant than in my car, raging against God-all-mighty. I was late, but managed to still be in a relatively good mood.

Today is the 4th anniversary of my divorce. To me, Valentine's day has somewhat of a bittersweet taste. To be honest, it makes me sick. I hate these little tacky decorations from the dollar store, I hate heart-shaped chocolate boxes, I hate reruns of When Harry met Sally.

Four years ago. Freedom, ah, yes; freedom, oh, Lord oh Lord, what have I done.

To be honest, I'd rather live a love story than to write about it, and I'd rather write about a broken heart than to have one.

Happy V-day lovelies; may your day be filled with maraschino cherries and red silky underwear.

2 people had something to say:

Blue said...

I know the feeling, Bridges.

And I hate that day because nobody gave me a cheesy Be My Valentine card...

Better chance next time, I guess. ;)

Bridges said...

Do not despair beautiful Blue; there are still 364 other days in the year...wanna meet up on a beach somewhere in three weeks to forget about it?