Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A single mother's life is like....a box of Kleenex

My plans have been a bit disturbed. I was planning to send off the kids to school, then to go to work, as usual, in beautiful sunny depressing Nepean, where I could translate until about 3, then take part in the office Christmas party. Being a single mother is being able to change your plans in an instant...

My son was crying and pulling his ear when he woke up, and my daughter was having a fit because she couldn't breathe, stuffy nose and all....So instead of going to work and getting paid to drink champagne and eat fancy canapés, I will be spending most of the day waiting in a clinic. Plus, the winter boots I bought for the kids 3 weeks ago are already good for the bin man, the kids had their feet wet yesterday and the boots were completely soaked....What good is it to manufacture winter boots that last 3 weeks, ready to be thrashed even before the REAL winter starts!!! Crappy rubbish thrashy boots.... Never buy Kangaroo boots, they are USELESS !!! I threw them in the bin! I feel a useless mother; can't even get decent boots for my children...now they both have a cold and I'm stuck home...Oh well.... After the clinic I'm stopping at the shoe store and getting the best boots for my babies and some really strong booze for mummy at the SAQ....along with some vitamin C....

I've said it many times and I'll say it again : This single mother gig is not easy when you do it alone!!!

0 people had something to say: