Sunday, December 24, 2006

Shopping for Christmas scraps

Well I have managed to do it again.

It is December 24th, somewhat early morning, and I will be leaving soon for a trip into the Christmas jungle, otherwise known as last-minute shopping. I traveled yesterday from Ottawa to Montreal, left the kids with their father, and knocked on my parent's door. I will be spending the next few days with them (and not my extended family, because for some reason this year my mother was shunned from her sisters; here's a Christmas Carol for you...Won't spoil your Holiday spirits be telling this one. I'll wait till the 26 if you don't mind. Plus, there's a chance things might turn around until then.) So tonight, it's just my mum, my dad, and me. We haven't decided yet what we're going to do. We're all just, how shall I say, a little bit bah-humbug-y.

But wait! Maybe something interesting will developp through the course of the day... Like I said, I haven't started my shopping yet, I have yet to get presents for my kids, my parents and my sister. Maybe I'll even splurge and get her new man a little something. Wish me luck. I will be hitting the shopping mall parking lot in 0040 minutes and counting. The best Christmas present I could get is a juicy story to tell you; I'll do my best.

Merry Christmas eve to everyone. Remember the golden rule : in case of yuletide blues, get out the booze.

0 people had something to say: