Sunday, November 26, 2006

Traded Breast cancer benefit for sister support

Finally made it back home. I had a rather lazy Friday evening...I had intended to go out at Breast yourself benefit, but when I got to my parent's home my sister was there with her new beau & oh-so cute 2 1/2 years old daughter; she was going through a bit of a depressive phase and wanted to ask me about a few "divorce pointers" since I have experience in that domain...

My sister is having a fit because she's just realized that at 30 years old, she has a) no valuable diploma, b) no house c) no kids and d) no job. BUT my take on it was the following :

a) Go to school now! You're just 30 for crisse sake's!
b) you have no mortgage!
C) You have NO KIDS!!!
d) just get a new job!

OK, ok. Easier said than done, I know. But she's free....she can do anything, go anywhere, pack up her things and go wherever the wind takes her... I for one would trade some of the responsabilities that I have to be free like she can right now.

After that talk with my sis, I watched the "SIX FEET UNDER" series finale for the second time. What a great show! It changed my life forever :)

0 people had something to say: