Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ranking update

Case closed.
The lieutenant left a message on my voice mail yesterday morning saying "I'm sorry it took me 4 days to answer you, but I will pass for the dinner on Saturday. I like to do my own thing, follow my own instinct. If you need to talk to me, you know where to reach me", to which I replied via text message "all right, have it your way - not sure I understand but - be well."
Thinking about it later on and unhappy with our virtual communication process, and confused, I called him back later that evening.
-So, er, you decided not to come? I'm not too sure I understand your "instinct" bit...Are you all right?
His tone was very dry, and surprised that I was actually calling him.
-I just don't think it's appropriate. I want to keep things the way they are. I'm going to Montreal this weekend...it's an instinct thing, you know...
-Er...Ok! G'bye then!
-Goodbye.
Two things : 1) I have no idea what he's talking about, and 2) If he had no intention of coming in the first place, which I didn't think he would have anyway, but still, OR no interest whatsoever in yours truly, WHY oh God WHY did he make this storyline last this bloody long???? A simple "I'm busy, sorry" or "no thanks!" would have made things so much more simpler for me when I actually called him up to invite him over. This just confirms that I know absolutely nothing about men and that obviously, the silly girl that I am can't take a hint. Sue me for caring for somebody who doesn't give a shite.
After that call I deleted "Lieutenant" from my mobile contacts, disgusted at my whole reasonning process.
What the bloody hell is wrong with me?

2 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is wrong with you. You're just trying to stare too deeply into a shallow pond.

If he's giving out confusing signals, it's because he's confused about what he wants.

And, of course, if he doesn't know what he wants, you don't want him.

Personally, I like the sound of Arthur. He knows what he wants, just that he can't quite cope with it yet.

Please don't feel obliged to take any of this unsolicited advice to heart - I just hate to see you tying yourself in knots when it's not you that should get knotted.

Bridges said...

Ah, Bless, Damian!

Love "staring too deeply into a shallow pond"...Will stay with me!

Unsollicited advice is often the best, and I thank you for caring enough to try and make me feel better...you succeeded.